Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Friday, November 06, 2009

Yeshua My Shabbat!

Yeshua My Shabbat!

Yeshua My Shabbat - May 2, 2009

Once when I was holding my infant son and singing him to sleep, I wanted to worship God and wanted to sing the traditional Jewish "Shabbat shalom" song, but I just couldn't sing it... it was like trying to make a "holy day" special but was my own effort. It was too much mental gymnastics to celebrate something that was in the past. We live in the Sabbath-rest today, we live in the fulfillment, we live in Jesus!

So as I realized that and prayed about it, new words came and I could worship Him in the fulfillment, in the life and light! I began to sing something like, "Shabbat shalom, Jesus, Messiah, You have brought us home." Much later He gave me words for the song to make three verses:
Shabbat shalom, Shabbat shalom
Moshiach Yeshua, Shabbat shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Shabbat, Shabbat shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Shabbat, Shabbat shalom

Shabbat shalom, Shabbat shalom
Moshiach Yeshua has brought shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Yeshua brought shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Yeshua brought shalom

Shabbat shalom, Shabbat shalom
Moshiach Yeshua is my shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Yeshua my shalom
Yeshua, Yeshua! Yeshua my shalom

As I wrote the words into my private worship songbook, I wondered and felt that maybe there was a picture He would show me of this? I began to see something like a Jewish family in their home. They're lighting the Sabbath candles. But they see the light in a new light. They see that Jesus is the light of the world, that He is the light that never goes out.

I saw a picture of a little Jewish boy in a yarmulke; he is looking with joy and wide child's eyes at the nail print in Jesus' hand, and the boy's hand is touching and feeling His. He sees by the light of a nearby Sabbath candle. And the light of Christ is a brighter light. The Sabbath candle's light was a shadow of the real Light, Jesus the Messiah. The "rest" has now come. The Shabbat is here, the Moshiach is here. His name is Yeshua ha Moshiach, Jesus Christ our Savior, our Shabbat shalom forever.

Bless you in Him, in His peace today!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home