Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Two Empires in Japan




Recently at a Christian bookstore here in Osaka I picked up a used copy of a book I had never heard of, The Two Empires in Japan by John M.L. Young. I am astounded at what I've learned in this book. A record of what had happened during the Second World War with the church in Japan was something I only knew scattered details about, but this fills in the gap for me more than I could have imagined, detailing not only the church's incredible apostasy during the war but the road that led there from the late 1800s and early 1900s through steadily increasing compromises with idolatry.

The lessons gained from this hauntingly apply not only to Christianity Japan, but have a haunting parallel to Seventh-day Adventism (which I grew up in), and also send a warning to Christianity in America as well to continually distinguish between what is God's and what is Caesar's.

I hope to write about this in the future as time permits and if God leads to do so!

Bless you in Jesus,
Ramone

3 Comments:

  • At December 14, 2008 10:04 PM, Anonymous Nick said…

    I'm looking for a copy of this book too. Where did you find it?

    I'm living in Aomori-ken. Any ideas where I could start looking?

     
  • At August 13, 2010 8:08 PM, Anonymous Lena said…

    Hello,
    my name is Elena and i`m comming from germany.I`m adventistin too.please can I conntackt you??
    I want to vist adventists in Japan becaose i love God and I want to life in Japan when I grow.
    -- sorry for my English--

     
  • At November 04, 2011 1:06 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    I am in the finishing stages of the reprinting of Two Empires in Japan by John M.L. Young. This book should be available once again in mid-January 2012 via Crown and Covenant Publications.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home