Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Friday, February 29, 2008

What Love Is This?

What love is this of Christ my King
You left Your throne to become like me
My sins to bear, my griefs to share
And bring to an end by Your dying

Peace, peace from God above
Your word is mercy
Your name is love
Gazing at Your majesty
We wonder with heaven at Your mystery

______________________________

This song is to the tune of "Greensleeves" and is a rewrite of "What Child is This?" One Christmastime in Osaka I heard music at a Christian bookstore of a choir singing that carol. For whatever reason I could not hear the words of the song, and the effect was just "awe" ...as if I was listening to an ascending, wondering fugue of angels beholding Christ forever and ever, and my spirit was moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home