Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy New Year - Nengajou 2008


Nengajou 2008 - click for nice, larger picture
(Click for larger picture)


Happy New Year! I'm a little late putting up our "nengajou" this year (traditional Japanese New Year's greeting postcard). In keeping with the last three years' cards, I've used only cellphone pictures. This year in place of the usual random wackyness, instead we have plenty of incredible cuteness! Our son, Timothy Tsuyoshi Romero was born on March 20, 2007 (see this post).

In fact, if people put pictures on their Nengajou, they usually put pictures of their children. It's rare that they put pictures of themselves. So our last few years' cards have been a little strange, I guess, but I careth not. (^_^)

This year's pictures are all in chronological order to show Timo-kun's development, although since I missed almost four months between pictures 1 and 2, you might think he's always looked the same! (To see his progress and a bit of variety in looks, see these posts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Here's a closer look at each picture and the stories behind them. Hold your pointer over the picture to hear what Timothy thinks of each one... (^o^)

Yes, I was such a quiet baby ...ONLY in the first four hours! Aww, aren't I cute? Do I look Japanese or Caucasian?  What say you?

The first picture is the day he was born, about three hours after birth, when I and Yoko's family were googling at and watching Timothy sleep out in the hall. Once in awhile he suddenly jerked as if being shocked by electricity, but didn't wake up. It was at this point that I first noticed that he looked like me... and strangely enough, like my brother, too! The second picture is July 3rd at Starbucks, and is the very model of cuteness, methinks! I love to show this picture (and others) to students and friends and ask, "Do you think he looks Japanese or Caucasian?" He is kind of a rorshach (sp) test, in that I get a different answer every time, hehe.

Yes, I smile with my tongue sticking out!  That way you think I'm cute, but actually I'm sticking my tongue out at you ha ha ha ha! Thbbt! Underneath I'm learning how to tickle Papa!

September 25 and November 16, respectively. By the end of the summer he was sitting up, although mostly with our help. But he soon figured out how to back up and sit up by himself. He couldn't crawl yet (that would come in November or late October, I think?). These pictures came from Yoko's cellphone from one day when she was playing with him while I was at work (behold his joy!) and later when she brought him to pick me up from finishing work at our subway station. By November it had gotten colder, so I put him in my jacket. (^_^) It's much colder now. Crazy.

My clothes were made in Israel!  How cool is that?  Actually, they're too hot!  Mama, take them off!  Is Israel in the South-Pole or what?  And where's Kalu?  I wanna spin him... Papa, you're not going to give me hot sauce, are you?  I can't read this menu... No hablo Espanol y Ingles y Japones y...

Two nights later at home, November 18th, I took this picture of Yoko holding Timothy who is wearing a pair of clothes (sweater & pants) that I actually wore when I was a baby! My mother had sent them and the seasons and his size worked out so that he could wear them. Note our magnetized poisonous rainforest frog (named "Kalu") making a Spider-man cameo in the background. The second picture is December 4th at Rosita's Place, a delicious Mexican restaurant in Phoenix that my father took us to. In early December Timothy made his international debut when we went to visit my father in Phoenix. Now if only Rosita could open up a restaurant here in Osaka...

Just wait'll I start walking, mwahahahaha! Do I look like I'm joking?

December 16th and 19th, respectively. Timothy started standing up on all fours much to our amusement! We hadn't seen him do this before, and he held this position for probably a good five minutes while Yoko and I photographed him from every angle, haha. Continuing tradition, one of our plush whalesharks appears here in the background. It could be Jimbeizou, but I think it's his lady, Mei-chan instead. The last picture is a cute one of Timothy in a new house jumpsuit Yoko got him. His rosy cheeks that day made him look like a jester, don't you think? If you look carefully you can see a little shiny-ness under his nose because he had a cold.

Two pictures that should have been on the card!

Hey, sucker, c'mere! Mine, all mine!

June 9th, filling in a little of that missing gap! This is him probably after taking a bath. We used to bathe him in the sink, but now I wash him in the ofuro (Japanese bath) and we soak in the water afterwards. Fun! In the summer months, though, it was too hot to use the ofuro. But because it was hot, we could leave him naked a little longer, so we could take our time changing his clothes. This picture is him on the changing table (read: our kitchen table with some cushions on it!) What do you think he's saying in this picture?

The last picture is from July 24th at a local Chinese restaurant. Timothy here is eyeballing the fried rice and trying to pull it towards himself. I don't think we had started giving him solid food at this point, but somehow he knew what it was... smart kid. Actually, he still hasn't gotten the idea of "chewing" completely yet, though he's made great progress on that in the last two days. He's also not one of the kids who puts stuff in his mouth a lot (yet!) ...he likes to play with it instead. Even his food. Just like his Papa...?

Okay, hope you enjoyed! Which picture is your favorite? Leave a comment below!

We pray that you have a blessed-in-His-rest 2008!
In Jesus' love,
Ramone, Yoko & Timothy Tsuyoshi

15 Comments:

  • At January 21, 2008 2:55 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    awwww! how cute!

    God bless lil Timothy! =)

     
  • At January 21, 2008 10:16 PM, Anonymous Grandma said…

    My wonderful handsome Grandson is sooooooooooo cute! Bless his little heart!

     
  • At January 22, 2008 1:58 AM, Anonymous Les said…

    What a handsome kid! They grow up so fast don't they.

     
  • At January 22, 2008 7:47 AM, Blogger Leila said…

    me favorito is the one of Timmy with rosy cheeks. love it!

     
  • At January 23, 2008 10:30 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    Happy new year to yourself also!

    Hope this one is full of blessings and forward progress.
    -johnny

     
  • At January 23, 2008 11:23 PM, Anonymous Kevin Riley said…

    No diapers please. Our neighbourhood bans toxic waste.

     
  • At January 24, 2008 12:43 AM, Blogger Caroline Talita Ishshah said…

    Awwe! What a sweet darling!

     
  • At January 24, 2008 8:02 AM, Anonymous Matt Shores said…

    Ramone, Yoko, and Timothy,

    What a beautiful family you have. I really enjoyed everything that you wrote in your blog, Ramone. It is really neat seeing you become a father. You are an awesome Daddy too, I am sure.

    I hope I can get over to Japan to see you guys and meet Timothy while he is still so small.

    God bless you guys.

    Matt

     
  • At January 24, 2008 1:37 PM, Anonymous Kevin P. said…

    Oh my, he's grown more than I thought! Happy New Year, Timothy, Yoko, and Ramone. =)

     
  • At January 24, 2008 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A happy be lated new year!

    Thank you for the greeting mail! It was nice to hear from you!

    I saw pictures! Timothy got bigger and cute!

    I wish you and your family will have a wonderful new year!

    Mutsumi

     
  • At January 24, 2008 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have a lovely family. Happy new year!

    Fe

     
  • At January 24, 2008 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude!!!

    He's the greatest!!!...looks like both of you...he's so handsome...blessings to you, Yoko, and Tim....man I am sooo happy for you all.

    Landon H

     
  • At January 24, 2008 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new year it is so good to hear froom you. I cant wait to to see the baby in person. He is so cute. if you have more pictures send them to me. i pray for you guys often, hang in there!

    Aim high! terry,

     
  • At January 27, 2008 9:05 PM, Anonymous Aaron said…

    Ramone and Yoko. You rule!
    Ramone your blog is awesome, I always enjoy checking up on it. Yoko, hope you are well. I am still alive in Okayama. Niko up in Minoh said "hi" to you last time I saw him. Take care and God bless your growing tribe. Pretty soon you could be a veritable Abraham #2 with your progeny (in a few thousand years and minus the chosen people and promised Messiah!)

     
  • At March 04, 2008 12:50 AM, Blogger konti said…

    Hey Brother,

    I am sure while watching your son growing, it brings into your mind your realationship with the Father. You can see through this picture a bigger picture, His Love and His careness for you.

    Love in Him,
    Konti

     

Post a Comment

<< Home