Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Gift in Our Lettuce


We found a gift in our lettuce the other day! We named him Joseph. To tell the truth, he kind of freaked me out when I took off the top leaf of the lettuce and saw him munching on the one underneath! I haven't kept caterpillars since I was a wee little lad, so it's kind of fun again, especially with my animal-lover wife, the expert on kawaii-ness (cuteness).

Joseph climbs the chopsticks and tests the upper boundaries of his new home Yoko likes this picture

Doesn't he have nice form? Peek-a-boo!

Munching! More munching! (note his incredibly cute arms gripping the lettuce!)

And MORE munching! Joseph's new jungle playground... he's still curled up in the middle in this picture, making us a bit worried, but after this he became really genki & went all over the place.

We gave him lettuce and tried some other leafy vegetable, but he didn't touch it, preferring the lettuce he was found on, apparently. But I just went & grabbed some leaves & twigs from various things on our street corner and put them in. Actually, I put in too much and it looks like a veritable jungle in there. I'd been worried about him all day 'cause he was curled up under some old lettuce & not moving. But after putting the new vegetation & spraying some mist, he's now climbing & crawling all over the place.

All of nature reveals God's glory & a bit of Himself... I wonder how Joseph here does that? Hehe, we'll see!

1 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Scott(Baobab) said…

    I found some grubs in my produce recently. Unfortunately, they were INSIDE my bell peppers. I discovered the first one when I sliced the pepper -- and sadly the grub -- in half. There was another one curled up in the pepper's end.

    Ewwwww.

    Caterpillars are far better.

    What is the opposite of kawaii?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home