Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sabbath-rest blog


I started a blog last month to explore the fun boundless hills of resting in Jesus (the "Sabbath-rest" that the New Testament talks of in Hebrews 4). "Sabbath rest" is the wonderful rest and peace that comes to us in Jesus because of His finished work for us.

I suppose there might be some offense taken at the way I've defined "Sabbath", so I guess I ought to add here that I'm simply talking of what the reformer Martin Luther understood and what is written in the New Testament: that the old Sabbath "day" was a shadow of the rest that came in Jesus. On the Cross He cried, "It is finished", and our righteousness is finished in Him. We trust in His works, not ours, and we find that He is our rest in every way.

Okay, I've said too much. The Sabbath-rest blog is not primarily for debating about that stuff. It's rather stuff that I've learned and am learning while resting in Him. However I welcome comments because I love sharing about His rest.

PLEASE leave comments on the blog itself, not in my guestbook! My guestbook is not a debate forum. It is for people who want to say hi to me and my wife Yoko. Please leave comments on the post itself; there are places below each post where comments are allowed (click "anonymous" if you don't have a Blogger account), but please do sign your name or leave some link to your page or email so that I can notify you when I've replied to something you've written. Please don't just do a "comment and run".

http://sabbath-rest.blogspot.com/

All that said, I'm really excited to have this little corner where I can write about His rest. I want to share a bit of my joy as I explore His rest and live in it. I pray that you are blessed and quieted in His love as you rest in Him, in the incredible magnitude of what He has done for us. May we all be led by Him deeper into the joy of resting in Him!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home