Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Japanese Bible History & Uncle John of Nanataki


I was reading a friend's blog and noticed she put up some links about the Japanese Bible Society, and the history of translating the Bible into Japanese.

I haven't posted here much, and I still haven't finished organizing or writing the Gracia Hosokawa post. But oh well... time, time! I just ordered a copy of "The Small Man of Nanataki" online; apparently it's out of print, so I got a used one. My wife Yoko really enjoyed the Japanese version which was recently put out, I think (it's entitled "Uncle John" in katakana). I understand the book is about a Christian Japanese soldier who worked at a prison camp for allied soldiers in Southeast Asia during WWII. I'm looking forward to reading it when it arrives, hopefully within the next month...

Blessings!

2 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2006 6:44 PM, Anonymous Ramone said…

    Wow.

    Wow.

    Wow Wow.

    The book arrived a mere five days later! Wow! This is unheard of! And it's beautiful, too! They put a new plastic cover over the original dustjacket so it feels new!

    Finally I understand that old nostalgia people got in the old days when ordering a book by mail and having it arrive. It's wonderful! Yaay!

    (Oh, and the book is great, too! I hope to write about that here sometime in the future.)

     
  • At July 28, 2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Ramone said…

    A link from James.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home