Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Happy New Year 2006!



Click for larger picture

Happy New Year! Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu! Here is our 2006 Nengajou (Japanese new year's card). This is the second year we've made one with our pictures. Last year's can be viewed here.

This year for New Year's, Yoko and I stayed at home watching a strange movie with Bill Murray called "The Life Aquatic" or something like that. Seven seconds before midnight I noticed the time and we quickly flipped over the TV to find some channel to watch the countdown. I think the first thing we saw was Imaoka from the Hanshin Tigers saying happy new year. Then we saw some silly comedian guy named Okamura preparing himself to "receive" this big flaming dragonball (when it came he wisely bolted out of its way).

Okay, ANYWAY! It's time for me to explain the pictures! They're NOT in chronological order this year, but most of them are still from our cellphones. We had good times and hard times this year, and the pictures are from both.

TOP ROW (left to right)

1 - This is the first picture Yoko painted this year, called "Love". This is taken by our digital camera.

2 - I like this picture of Yoko. I took it at the hospital while we were visiting her mom, who had a heart attack in late August. From my cellphone camera.

3 - Me painting this picture on the tatami floor of our old apartment. From Yoko's old cellphone's camera.

4 - Before Christmastime, my friend DB and I met in Shinsaibashi, later in Tennoji, and then again in Umeda. We talked & prayed, and had a few ideas for ministering (helping some people out) here in Osaka. Separately we both ended up cancelling what we'd wanted to do, but at the same time really felt God pulling us along in a much greater way than we could see. The feeling is like being on a conveyor belt, an escalator, or a moving walkway. It's a low path (humbling) but moving, and when you know it's there, it's very humbling. This picture is from my new cellphone, taken at the Yostubashi-Shinsaibashi station.

MIDDLE ROW

1 - I finally got a new guitar! (In September, I think) The old one was classical, which meant wider neck and three plastic strings. If I wanted to play outside, it meant that not only was it quieter, but that the plastic strings would change pitch with the temperature. After buying it I got a strap soon after, and discovered the fun of walking around the apartment with hands free. Yoko tried it on and I took this picture with my cellphone. It's our new apartment, by the way.

2 - In June we moved. This picture from Yoko's old cellphone is from our last visit to our old apartment just after cleaning it. I decided to spend a little while worshiping in it just to leave it in God's presence. (With my old guitar, by the way)

3 - August meant it was time for the Yamatogawa firework festival, and that meant it was yukata time again! This year the sisters traded yukatas, and I wore a "jimbe" (because it was difficult to walk in last year's yukata 'cause maybe we made it too tight). We're eating yaki-tori with Yoko's parents. You can see this picture on this post, as well. The back of my jimbe has the character "me" for the old Ed-period firefighters called the "me-gumi". Incidentally, "megumi" (with different characters) means "grace". This picture is from Michi's cellphone.

4 - Jimbeizou, meet Me-chan! When Yoko was really sick in early May, our friend Lu-Ann brought back Me-chan from the Osaka city aquarium (kaiyuukan), unaware that we already had a jinbeizame (whale shark). So she felt bad, but had no idea that Yoko actually wanted another one! I took this "heart" picture with Yoko's old cell. Yes, those are my feet.

BOTTOM ROW

1 - When my friend Roy came with his brother to visit Osaka, we went up to Kyoto to hang out & see some sights. I saw these little cat-tail like blades of grass and took a picture of one with my new cellphone camera and sent it back to Yoko.

2 - Michi (Yoko's sister) got baptized on November 1st! Woohoo!!

3 - This is our anniversary photo in front of the Osaka city aquarium (kaiyuukan) in October.

4 - When Yoko was sick (and I got sick right after that) in May, Michi brought her this beautiful flower which lasted a very long time, and which we don't want to forget.

Well, I hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment and let us know which pictures you like the best! Happy new year and may you be blessed by God's presence & leading!

2 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2006 6:10 AM, Blogger DJ said…

    I'm impressed at how well the cellphone pix came out. I guess technology is just getting better.

    on a completely different note, do you speak japanese? and if so, where did you learn it and how long did it take you? thanks...

     
  • At April 17, 2006 1:02 AM, Anonymous Edward Brown said…

    Ramone,
    This picture diary of you and Yoko is fantastic. It is a wonderful way to "catch up" with both of you...I will surely make time to pray, praise, and grow together with both of you when I am in Osaka

    Encouraged by your journey together, Yoko and Ramone..

    Edward

     

Post a Comment

<< Home