Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Monday, June 06, 2005

In America




Yoko and I were set to watch another movie which we'd been wanting to rent for awhile, when she spotted "In America" and suddenly we knew we should get that instead. I had read Roger Ebert's review of "In America" awhile ago, but I couldn't remember any plot details, only that he liked it.

It's just as well that I couldn't remember any plot details, because the movie is not about the plot. It is about a struggling Irish family that moves to America and into your heart.

It is art, but art from the heart and with a heart. It isn't your regular Hollywood tear-jerker, but is filmed in a way you wouldn't expect. Thank God! Because the effect is much, much more natural and tender. It's beautiful in its ordinary-ness.

I don't think I have words to describe how I was affected. I looked at Yoko after the movie and I saw clearly -- I love her and I love life. I wanted to let her know, to hold her, and to live.

Thank You, God, for her, for life, and for passing this movie our way last night. It was wonderful to share it together.

"In America"
2003 - Samantha Morton, Paddy Considine, Sarah & Emma Bolger, and Djimon Hounsou
Written by Jim, Naomi, and Kirsten Sheridan
Directed by Jim Sheridan
PG-13

2 Comments:

  • At June 07, 2005 5:26 PM, Blogger http://kimi.puen.net said…

    u made me wanna run out and rent the movie right away! one of these days, when i'm done with school... (not too long from now!) i'll pick that up. thanks for the recommendation!

     
  • At June 09, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger CoLor Skemes said…

    Ramone,
    Hey brother. Thank you for the notes you leave on my blog. I appreciate your fellowship. Thank you for your pictures. I remember when you first got them. Thank you for being open for God to use your art and your love for him. It is a powerful tool you have!

    Your openness to God's love and pouring out of the holy spirit helps me open up. Keep it up bro!
    Leila

     

Post a Comment

<< Home