Fulfilled in Jesus

Our pilgrimage with our Beloved in Japan -- Yoko & Ramone on the journey with Jesus!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

First post since Tottori


Well, it's time to move on with life. We had so much fun at Tottori that I didn't want to put up a new post after all those cool pictures (and your great comments!). Ah, but life must go on! We'll go back there someday. So in the next few days I'll try to put up some posts... here are some possible things I'll talk about. Feel free to start bugging me about them before they arrive. (^_^)

Japanese test

Psalms - pets praise God, too

Signs & Wonders

New U2 Album

Shiokari Pass - Ayako Miura

North Korea NGO editing

Well, no, shoot, I can start telling you about one NOW. I took a Japanese test this last Sunday. It's called the "Nihongo nou ryoukushi ken" and is like TOEFL for foreigners studying Japanese. There are four levels, level 1 being the most difficult. I took level 4, the easiest, and well let's say it was a humbling experience! Haha. I didn't have any illusions about my Japanese, but let's say the final section of the test (reading & grammar) was quite a slaughter, hehe. The results will come in mid-February. Will write more later... God bless!

2 Comments:

  • At December 08, 2004 2:40 PM, Blogger Ryan Moore said…

    the new U2 album isn't my favorite, i prefer the stuff they played on the Zoo TV tour. the single is good though. i like "vertigo" it's a pretty good tune. that is all, carry on. :)

     
  • At December 08, 2004 10:55 PM, Blogger Ramone said…

    It's taking some time to grow on me. Achtung Baby is still my favorite and likely will always be, followed closely by The Joshua Tree. I liked the last one as well and the wackiness of Zooropa. 'Pop' was a little too different and, as it was stolen from me in the wonderful city of Phoenix, it didn't have much time to grow on me. The new one, however, is like the pre-Joshua Tree stuff. Actually, pre-Unforgettable Fire stuff. Basically like "War" and the stuff before that. It's more successful in what it attempts than the early stuff, too. It's like they finally found a way to make the bass stuff work. That's probably the most distinctive feature, Adam Clayton's throwback bass-work. Edge's guitar work is just beautiful. Bono said that Edge isn't your kind of rockin' guitarist... he's more like a "zen" guitarist, and he's right. His guitar is beautifully airy and contemplative, and sometimes just simple but cool. Far and away the last song "Yahweh" is my favorite. It stirs my heart and nearly made me cry in the store as I listened to it on their headphones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home